Best Mac and Cheese with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Ghee Substitute Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Asparagus Washed with ends trimmed, and cut into bite size pieces, about 1 inch long.
- ½ Shallot Minced
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 1 tsp Dried, Crushed Basil
- ½ tsp Dried, Crushed Parsley
- ½ Pound Elbow Pasta Or Pasta of Choice
- Fill a pot with water until there is enough to cover the amount of pasta you have. Bring the water to a boil then add the dried pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, warm ghee on low heat and toss in asparagus. Sauté on medium-low until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and shallot and sauté an additional 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, basil, and parsley and stir until asparagus is evenly coated. Reduce heat to low and break the goat cheese into small chunks into the skillet and then pour in the reserved pasta water. Stir on low heat until cheese has begun to melt. Stir in the cooked pasta noodles until fully coated. Remove from heat and serve warm.