- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Cardamom Pod (Green if possible, black is fine but slightly more bitter) Substitute ⅛ tsp powder
- 1 Whole Clove Substitute ⅛ tsp powder
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (about 2-3" long) Substitute 1 tsp powder
- 2-3 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Leaf Star Anise Substitute a pinch of fennel seeds
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- In a small sauce pan, melt ghee with spices on medium-low heat and temper for 1-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add milk, stir, and bring to a simmer on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain low simmer, not a boil. Partially cover the pot with a lid.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 5 minutes. Always keep an eye one your pot so the milk doesn't boil over.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Strain into a mug and add honey. Allow to cool to comfortable temperature. Enjoy!