Carrot and Lemongrass Soup
- 1 3 Qt Pot
- 1 Immersion Blender Can transfer ingredients to a regular blended once cooled enough.
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Large Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 Whole Carrots Roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh CIlantro Substitute 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Water Replace with low sodium vegetable stock if desired
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ½ inch Piece of Fresh Ginger Peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Whole Shallot Finely minced
- 2 tbsp Lemongrass Pieces Peeled and pounded
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- In a large pot, melt ghee on medium heat.
- Stir in shallot and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and sauté additional 5-10 minutes until carrots begin to soften.
- Stir in lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, and dried cilantro if using, and sauté an additional 5-10 minutes until carrots are are almost soft. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add coconut milk and 2 cups water to cover ingredients in pot. Add more water if needed to fully cover contents of pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to a simmer over medium/low heat for about 20 minutes, until carrots are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and remove lemongrass pieces. Using an immersion blender, bled in the pot until smooth or desired consistency.
- Serve in bowls with fresh cilantro.
Serve with a dollop of goat cheese for a little extra tang.