Fall Ayurveda Cleanse
October 11 - October 15
Fall is a time of transition. A time of letting go of what was and taking time to reflect inward. Fall is the transition from sunshine, bright colors, vibrancy, and warmth, to shorter days, muted colors, enervated energy, and cooler temperatures. This transition can take a toll on our bodies, minds, and spirits if we do not take care to ease the transition by incorporating fall foods, slower activities, and nourishing every part of our being.
A seasonal cleanse is one simple way we can give our digestion a boost and clear the way for new routines to support our wellbeing.
Dates: Monday-Friday, October 11-15, 2021
Times: 7-8am (EST) daily for livestream morning yoga – Four pre-recorded videos will also be provided for evening practice on your own time
Optional Prep Zoom and Group Kick-Off Meeting: Tuesday, October 4, 2021, 6-7pm (EST)
Mid-Cleanse Check-In: Wednesday, October 13, 5-6pm (EST)
Investment: All options include all above classes, recordings, and course materials.
Individual: $108 individual (Registration is required by 5pm EST October 10, 2021.)
Individual with Spices: $168 individual – includes lentils and spices for the cleanse for one person. (Registration is required by September 30, 2021.)
Household: $108 + $10 per additional person in household, all persons must reside at the same address. (Registration is required by 5pm EST October 10, 2021.)
Household with Spices: $168 individual + $70 per additional person in household – includes lentils and spices for the cleanse for each person, all persons must reside at the same address. (Registration is required by September 30, 2021.)
Spring is the time to clear clutter, not just in our homes, but also in our body and mind. A spring cleanse is also perfect for those who tend to suffer from seasonal allergies. An Ayurveda cleanse will:
- bolster the immune system to reduce or eliminate the effects of fall colds
- support elimination of toxins
- increase energy and vitality
- promote release of mucous accumulation over the winter
- help build a sustainable daily routine for optimal health and wellbeing
- offer insight into your habits
- Daily Livestream Classes via Zoom with with asana, meditation, yoga nidra, relaxation, and daily exercises.
- Pre-Recorded yoga and meditation classes for evening practice at your convenience.
- Web Portal where you will find all the cleanse materials, tips, resources, and video tutorials.
- Recordings of each class. These will be uploaded daily to a website where you are invited to view them at your convenience and for 1 month after the cleanse end date.
- Facebook community where participants can connect, share ideas and recipes, successes and support.
- Group kick off Zoom meeting on October 4, 6-7pm (EST) to meet, build community and ask questions – recording available for those who missed it or sign up after this date.
- Check-In via Zoom on Wednesday, October 13, 5-6pm (EST)
- Kitchari cooking tutorial and other helpful videos.
- Sample grocery list and recipes for the cleanse.
- Tips for success!
- Option to purchase the lentils and spices to support you during the cleanse.
What to Expect
This cleanse is a mono-diet where for three days you will eat the same basic meal for all three meals. Monday and Friday are transition days where you will incorporate your regular foods while beginning to reduce sugar, caffeine, and dairy. Tuesday through Thursday, all three meals will consist of kitchari, which is a rice and lentil dish cooked with a specific blend of spices. Don’t worry, this is easier than it sounds. You are invited to add seasonal vegetables and nuts to the kitchari to help keep it interesting and to ensure good nutrition. The dish can also be made sweet or savory to appeal to your palate.
Additional daily practices you can do on your own will be recommended to help support your body and mind during the cleanse. The goal of these practices is to begin a daily routine to support your individual constitution and health.
More details and a full class schedule will be provided with course materials after registration. All materials will be emailed to registrants on March 9 or at time of registration if after March 9. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: No refunds. All course materials and videos will be provided, so if you are unable to attend live it is still possible to participate. Cancellations received after March 13, 2021 will receive no credit.
Cancellations received before October 8, 2021 will receive the opportunity to participate in the winter cleanse (date TBD). If you have selected the option to receive the lentils and spices and you cancel after October8, 2021, you may elect to purchase the spring lentils and spices for an additional $60 before the fall cleanse registration deadline.
By registering and attending this workshop, you agree to our terms. Yoga teachers who attend the classes live will also receive up to 8 CEU’s with Yoga Alliance.