Yoga Retreat to Portugal
July 11, 2022 - July 17, 2022
Join Masuda and Angelina for an unforgettable week of yoga, relaxation, nourishment and adventure in Portugal. You will enjoy the stunning Algarve Coast, a region enriched by the strength of its natural beauty where the high cliffs offer breathtaking views of the ocean. We will be staying at the beautiful and eco-chic Monte Velho Retreat Center which is designed to offer all the comfort and space you need to relax. The rooms are cozy with simple decoration to help you let go and surrender to being nourished.
Between activities, you can rest in a variety of calm and peaceful spaces, all with amazing views of the surroundings, that were created for the purpose of joy and contemplation. We will practice daily yoga in the circular yoga pavilion with heated cork wood floors that are surrounded by a green garden, small pond and panoramic ocean views.
Our retreat is open to beginners and experienced students alike. You will go deeper into your yoga practice with a focus on breath work, connecting to intuition and cultivating more inner peace. Classes will be a mix of flow, gentle, yin, Kundalini and meditation.
In addition to yoga, you’ll have the opportunity to fill your stay with optional visits to the beach, surfing, dolphin tours, bird watching, bike tours, and cultural excursions to nearby towns.
- Morning YogaBreakfast
- Free time to relax and explore
- Free time to relax and explore
- Evening Yoga Dinner
- 2 Single rooms with private bath – $2295 / $2495 – Private
- 2 Single room with shared bathroom with one other person – $2395
- 2 Double room with private bath – $1995 / $2195 (per person)
- 6-night stay at the beautiful Monte Velho Retreat Center • Three delicious vegetarian and vegan meals daily made from sustainably sourced and locally grown produce
- 2 daily yoga classes with Angelina & Masuda
- On-site sauna
- Sales tax and hotel taxes
Not Included in Package:
Airfare to Portugal, airport departure taxes (should be included in airfare), Airport transfers to & from Monte Velho, excursions/tours, bottled beverages, alcohol, massage service, laundry services, transportation, gratuities, and travel
- $400 non-refundable deposit due upon registration.
- Installment payment of $1000 is due April 1, 2022
- Balance due to be paid by June 11, 2022
Deposits are non-refundable. No refunds will be issued for the installment payment or final balance unless your space can be filled with someone from the waiting list. No credits or refunds will be issued if cancellation is received within one month of the event. If Radiance Yoga must cancel due to insufficient enrollment, your deposit and any paid installment and balance will be refunded in full.
We recommend that international retreat participants take out travel insurance in case of any life situation that may alter your plans. You may consider plans from travelinsure.com, insuremytrip.com, or any other option provided by your credit card, airline or travel company. Also note that your health insurance may not provide coverage internationally. Check with your provider and consider additional coverage if necessary.
If your passport expires within six months of your arrival date to Portugal, please be sure to renew your passport before you go to avoid any issues with immigration. There are no exceptions.
- What airport do I fly into?
You will book your international ticket into and out of Faro (airport code: FAO) or out of Lisbon (airport code: LIS).
- Are airport transfers included?Airport transfers are not included. Travel time is approximately 1.5 hour drive from Faro Airport and the cost is 100 euros one way. We highly recommend coordinating arrival times and sharing a taxi. Travel time is approximately a 3-hour drive from Lisbon Airport. Monte Velho will help organize taxi transfers to and from the airport. More information on this will be provided closer to the retreat date. You may also want to look into renting a car for the week.
- Are gratuities included?Gratuities are not included in the price of the program. We recommend $5-$10/day per person as a tip to be given at the end of your stay and shared amongst the staff. Tipping is not obligatory but is greatly appreciated especially when receiving great service.
- Is there a town within walking distance?
Carrapateira, about 2.5 miles from Monte Velho, is the closest village, and has some restaurants, small shops, and two stunning beaches. You can walk, share a taxi, or bike. Bikes can be rented in Carrapateira with Karra Surf Shop. The two beaches at Carrapateira are Amado and Bordeira, both of which are around 2 miles from our retreat center. It’s around a 1:15 hour walk or a 6-minute drive by car or taxi.
- Are meals included?
Three delicious vegetarian/vegan meals are included daily. Special dietary requests can be accommodated.
- What other activities can be organized?
Dolphin watching Bird Watching Winery visit to Monte Casteleja E-bike tours Visit the town of Lagos Visit the town of Sagres (Fortaleza and lighthouse in Cabo São Vicente) Activities are available for purchase at the retreat center.
- Are massage sessions available?Massages are available for 60 euros for one hour to be paid in cash directly to the therapist. Massages in deep tissue, Thai, and Ayurveda are offered as well as acupuncture and cranio-sacral.
- When is check in and check out?
Check in begins at 4:00pm and check out is at 10:00am.
- Are there yoga props?
Monte Velho provides mats, block, bolsters and straps.
- Is wifi available?
Wifi is only available in the main hall and reception area.
- Is there laundry service?
Monte Velho does not provide laundry service but guests can use the laundry machines on site for 5euros.
- Do I need a Visa to travel to Portugal?
No, US citizens are not required to get a Visa to visit Portugal. You will be given a Visa upon arrival valid for 90 days.