Start your new year off with optimizing your digestive capability to maintain a healthy gut and support optimal health to reduce illness, digestive discomfort, and stimulate your digestion. Supported by the wisdom of Ayurveda, this “cleanse” will offer you insight into your health, relationship with food, and help clear out any clutter from the holidays so you can jump into the new year with your best foot forward.
Dates: Monday-Friday, January 10-14, 2022
Times: 7-8am (EST) daily for livestream morning yoga – Four pre-recorded videos will also be provided for evening practice on your own time
Optional Prep Zoom and Group Kick-Off Meeting: Monday, January 3, 2022, 6-7pm (EST)
Mid-Cleanse Check-In: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 5-6pm (EST)
As we enter the most dry, cold, and windy time of year, it is helpful to help support our immune function by giving our digestion a kickstart. We are what we eat, and the cleanse offers us insight into our food cravings, eating habits, and overall health. This is especially important after the holidays where many of us overindulge and begin to feel sluggish and slow and winter colds and flu can take hold. Create a warm, cozy feeling to sustain you for the remainder of the winter so when spring arrives your set to enjoy all the spring has to offer. You’ll also gain tools, community, and support for helping you live a lighter, brighter life inside and out.
- Daily Livestream Classes via Zoom with with asana, meditation, yoga nidra, relaxation, and daily exercises.
- Pre-Recorded yoga and meditation classes for evening practice at your convenience.
- Web Portal where you will find all the cleanse materials, tips, resources, and video tutorials.
- Recordings of each class. These will be uploaded daily to a website where you are invited to view them at your convenience and for 1 month after the cleanse end date.
- Facebook community where participants can connect, share ideas and recipes, successes and support.
- Group kick off Zoom meeting on January 3, 6-7pm (EST) to meet, build community and ask questions – recording available for those who missed it or sign up after this date.
- Check-In via Zoom on Wednesday, January 12, 6-6:30pm (EST)
- Kitchari cooking tutorial and other helpful videos.
- Sample grocery list and recipes for the cleanse.
- Tips for success!
- Option to purchase the lentils and spices to support you during the cleanse.
What to Expect
This cleanse is a mono-diet where for three days you will eat the same basic meal for all three meals. Monday and Friday are transition days where you will incorporate your regular foods while beginning to reduce sugar, caffeine, and dairy. Tuesday through Thursday, all three meals will consist of kitchari, which is a rice and lentil dish cooked with a specific blend of spices. Don’t worry, this is easier than it sounds. You are invited to add seasonal vegetables and nuts to the kitchari to help keep it interesting and to ensure good nutrition. The dish can also be made sweet or savory to appeal to your palate.
Additional daily practices you can do on your own will be recommended to help support your body and mind during the cleanse. The goal of these practices is to begin a daily routine to support your individual constitution and health.
More details and a full class schedule will be provided with course materials after registration. All materials will be emailed to registrants on January 5 or at time of registration if after January 5. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Investment: Register by December 30, 2021 and you will receive a cleanse support kit.* Registration is required by 5pm EST January 9, 2022.
Individual: $108 individual + $10 per additional person in household, all persons must reside at the same address.
Cleanse on Your Own: $75 – includes handout, access to the web portal with video recordings, Facebook group, and check-in meeting.
Handout Only*: $15 – Only includes handout and does not include access to Facebook group, web portal, videos, or other content.
Add the Lentils and Spices: $60 per person – includes lentils and spices for the cleanse for each person, all persons must reside at the same address. (Registration is required by December 30, 2021.)
Cancellation/Refund Policy: No refunds. All course materials and videos will be provided, so if you are unable to attend live it is still possible to participate. Cancellations received after January 3, 2022 will receive no credit.
Cancellations received before January 3, 2022 will receive the opportunity to participate in the spring cleanse (date TBD). If you have selected the option to receive the lentils and spices and you cancel after January 3, 2022, you may elect to purchase the spring lentils and spices for an additional $60 before the spring cleanse registration deadline. Any refunds granted will be less a $4 fee, no refunds guaranteed.
By registering and attending this workshop, you agree to our terms.
* Handout only option does not include any of the supplemental materials, web portal, videos, or any meeting resources. Includes only the handout and access to public videos. This option is not eligible to receive the bonus gift.